HOW TO JOIN
HOW AND WHY TO BECOME SIGNATORY TO LOCAL 12
- It does not cost the contractor any money to join Local 12.
- Local 12 has available out-of-work lists of qualified journeypersons and apprentices throughout Southern California and Southern Nevada.
- If you become signatory to Local 12, so will your employees who conduct operating engineers covered work and they will be able to continue working and obtain Union Wages and Benefits.
- Our Trust Fund will manage all benefits paid on behalf of the member, for health and welfare, pension, the defined contribution plan (annuity), vacation-holiday, etc.
- Different rates for various job descriptions for journeypersons and apprentices.
- All work MUST be performed by union contractors, including Sub-Contractors.
- You will be more competitive in the industry because of our skilled and qualified members.
- Union Representatives are there to help everyone follow the contract.
- Labor-Management Agreements are established to cover wage rates, fringe benefits, working conditions, travel pay, tool allowance, apprentice training, etc.
- California Prevailing Wages are based on Union wages and benefits for journeypersons and apprentices.
If you are interested in becoming signatory, please contact your local Dispatch Office.